Azure Backup Agent uses a cache location in order to prepare backup data. The data is prepared on the local server before backup data is exported to Azure. By default, Scratch/cache folder is created under “ProgramFiles\Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent\Scratch” folder. You might want to change the cache location if you are running out of space. The scratch/cache location can be changed by modifying the registry entries on the Azure Backup Agent machine as explained below:
1. Stop Azure Backup Agent service by executing below command:
- Net Stop Obengine
2. Copy Scratch folder to a new location.
3. Update below registry entries to reflect the new location for Scratch folder.
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\ConfigScratchLocation
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Azure Backup\Config\CloudBackupProvider\ScratchLocation
4. Restart Azure Backup Agent service:
- Net Start Obengine
About Nirmal Sharma
Nirmal Sharma is a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. He specializes in directory services, Microsoft Azure, Failover clusters, Hyper-V, and System Center products and has been involved with Microsoft Technologies since 1994. In his spare time, he likes to help others and share some of his knowledge by writing tips and articles on various sites and contributing to Health Packs for ADHealthProf.ITDynamicPacks.Net solutions. Nirmal can be reached at email@example.com.